The Purple Project / COMPETITION!

THE.pngISN’T IT TIME WE HAD SOME FUN?!

I’ve been planning this for sometime now, and I hope that you guys will join me on this purple journey! What I’ve decided to do is home in on a certain colour. I of course chose purple, my favourite colour in the entire world. What’s so important about the colour purple I hear you ask? Well, that’s entirely up to you! For me, purple represents adventure, Neverland, magic, home, space and an entire world of opportunity. Purple is all around me in my every day life, and recently I’ve started noticing feelings linked to the colours I see around me. With The Purple Project, what I want you guys to do is go out and film anything you see around you that’s purple. Go on an actual adventure! Explore new places! Find that purple! You can ask people what the colour purple means to them, try find ways to express how it makes you feel by using your creative skills. As long as you go out and use your skills and then throw them on social media by using the #FindYourNeverland and #ThePurpleProject, it doesn’t matter if it’s good, bad, long, short, a video involving people, or a video with nothing more than still images. You can take a picture/ pictures and write about how those pictures / going on the adventure to get those images made you feel. I want you guys to go out and discover new places. I want you guys to go out there and get your purple on!

In recent months, there’s been so much hate, anger and confusion as to where our futures are heading. Over here in the UK we’ve had to deal with the aftermath of Brexit and a lot of us are still scared and confused, whereas some people have accepted it and planned for the unknown future. And needless to say America is divided about their current President. The constant horror stories streaming in from Syria are always plastered on our TV’s, online, on our radio’s. So why not go out into the world and try find some piece of innocents left in it? Find your very own Neverland. Find your new favourite place to spend those lazy Sunday’s. Not every single clip has to contain the colour purple. You can be as creative or as basic as you want. All I’m asking for you to do is, go out and find the magic I know the world still has left in it. Let’s remind ourselves that despite the horrific events in the world, and the demons we have to face every day, that the world is still beautiful, and that we, even with everything going on around us and in our heads, we will always be validated. We are here. We are alive. We are magic.

We can sit and be afraid for our futures, or we can go out and actually remind ourselves what we’ve got left to fight for. Let me know what the colour purple means to you by creative a video and posting it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube by using the #FindYourNeverland and #ThePurpleProject. The top 5 videos / creative projects that I see will win some purple goodies and a chance to collaborate with me on a project of your choosing (obviously within reason) and to showcase your work in a creative environment linked with my social media and university- and it’s not just limited to the UK, no matter where in the world you are, you can participate! So, what’re you waiting for?! You’ve got an awfully big adventure to go on!

The Purple Project will be running from the 1st of December until New Year’s Day. Winners and honourable mentions will be announced the first full weekend of 2017 (7.1.17-8.1.17). Any questions or enquiries about this event, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

My Email is lilithmae96@gmail.com

Twitter
Facebook

lily

38 Comments Add yours

1. Jenni says:

This is a great idea, I’m a purple person too x

2. Jazz says:

This is a fantastic idea, Lily! I think we need a lot more positivity in the world right now and this little project may be able to put a light in some dark areas. Lots of love x

1. Lily says:

I’m very much excited to see what everyone’s come up with! 😀

3. jojo140883 says:

I love the idea of the purple project, it’s great to inject some positivity around. But you’ve made me realise I rarely ever see the colour purple x

1. Lily says:

Awwwh no way!! It’s one of those colours that just follows me around – if that makes sense? Hopefully you’ll see some purple soon and have positive vibes surround you! 🙂 X

4. Beautiful and positive post. There needs to be a lot more positivity going on in our own environment and the world. So many things are uncertain as we don’t control much and that’s something we need to come to peace with.

1. Lily says:

Definitely! The unknown can be scary, or it can be a chance to learn from the experience. It’s what you make it really. And everyone needs a reminder that despite the horrific and scary events taking place across the world, that it won’t always be this way. It’ll get better. 🙂 X

5. Love the idea of The Purple Project, purple is my favourite colour too!

Haha! Purple is a pretty cool colour – just like the people that like it ;D X

6. Such a lovely and positive post I love the idea of the purple project.

Thank you so much lovely! 😀 X

7. Emma White says:

What a lovely post, I see so much negativity on social media it will be lovely to outweigh that with something so positive

1. Lily says:

Definitely! Social media has taken a nasty turn recently and for so many people it can be triggering and scary so it’ll be a nice change to see some more positive and creative posts and entries out there! 😀 X

8. serenityyou says:

This sounds really great. My favourite colours are black and purple!

1. Lily says:

See, it must a colour that attracts only the coolest of people ;D haha! X

9. Elodie says:

Such an inspiring post! I think this is such a sad time for the world, we definitely more happiness and positivity!

1. Lily says:

100000%! The amount of hate going around is heartbreaking. Little things make all the difference though 😀 X

10. Sarah Bailey says:

Haha what an awesome idea, I can’t wait to see the purple things you and others find!

1. Lily says:

I’ve already had a few submissions today! They are utterly stunning and so powerful! I’m overwhelmed! 🙂 X

11. So good to see a positive post. Purple is my fave colour too – it also represents something close to my heart which is pancreatic diseases (ribbon is purple) and Nov is the awareness month for it. I am going to try spread some positivity, and make others smile through these uncertain times.

1. Lily says:

Awwh man, thank you so much for telling me that! I had no idea.. If this is a success this time, I could find out how to get funds from it next year to raise money or at least raise awareness for pancreatic diseases!
      I’m so glad you’ll be doing that! If you find anything purple, don’t hesitate to through it on social media so I can see! 😀 X

12. Anosa says:

This is such an awesome idea, with the world full of angry people and sad events happening it’s nice to have something positive

1. Lily says:

Thank you lovely! Going out and filming, taking pictures, editing, writing etc they’re all so therapeutic and they, for me at least, calm me down when I feel angry or unsure. I’m just hoping this project will have a similar effect on people! 🙂 X

13. Ana De-Jesus says:

I like how positive you are and its true amidst all this negativity it is important to find your own neverland. For me writing is my neverland!

1. Lily says:

Thank you so much! It’s nice just to have that space where you can breathe and just be at peace with the world when awful things are going on around you. Everyone deserves that break!
      That’s amazing!! Feel free to take a picture of something purple and then write about how it made you feel taking the photo, going on that adventure, or even how the image itself makes you feel! I’d be super interested in seeing that! 🙂 X

14. melissazia90 says:

Sounds like a very positive post, they is defiantly room for more positivity in the world. I will look out for the hashtags in future

15. Dannii says:

This is a such a good idea and a great way to spread some positivity.

16. Such a good idea, it’s such a good excuse to go out and explore the world x

17. Rachel says:

What a lovely post and having somewhere you can breathe and be at peace is so vital I think, especially with so much negativity x

18. Jade Bremner says:

I like the idea of this purple is my favourite colour also. For me the Brexit thing was a positive thing but I tend not to discuss politics as every opinion is correct by the person who expressed it. I love this to boost a bit of positivity though as life can be rubbish and need something simple like this to make them smile 🙂 xx

19. thestyletune says:

what a great idea! i love purple and will definitely use that hashtag if i post anything purple!

20. What a great concept! Purple is our favourite colour so we will try and join in too. Fab for raising awareness too.

21. This is a brilliant idea, I love purple things! I always meditate purple energies around me which is very soothing and healing. Purple is an amazing color!

1. Lily says:

No way?? That’s amazing! How do you go about meditating purple energies? You could definitely write about meditating purple energies if you wanted to be a part of this! That sounds so interesting I’ll definitely have to take a look into it! 🙂 X

22. cheskaaanels says:

How lovely!! I love seeing so much positivity, there can be so much negativity around us now!!

23. Annie Brooks says:

What a lovely concept. Purple is my colour! The shade of your blog makes me think of lavender and that is so calming and positive.